As part of our team, you will develop and support tools within Unreal Engine and outside to realize and optimize our production pipeline. You will contribute ideas for how to use the Unreal Engine capabilities to deliver great workflows for content creators. As a Tools Programmer, you will focus your efforts on development and assist specialists in other areas to understand what code they develop to complement those tools.
- Develop and maintain tools and scripts for and around Unreal Engine 4 to improve our asset and content creation workflow.
- Refactor tools to be more extensible and maintainable.
- Support users in the use of the available tools.
- Provide documentation for workflows and tools.
- 3+ years of professional experience developing with Unreal Engine 4 (2 years ok, if pure tools focus).
- At least one shipped product.
- Excellent C++ and good C# skills.
- Familiar with source control (Perforce).
- Working knowledge and experience applying design patterns.
What you must be:
- You love to code and love talking about technology.
- You love experimenting with new frameworks, learning new technologies and design patterns.
- You love gaming.
- You obsess over customers and fluid user experience.
- You obsess over systems and code quality.